Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Orchids, My passion

A few years ago, I was introduced to Orchids by my husband. He was stationed in Kalimantan, and he told me that there is a beautiful yet rare orchids called The Black Orchids. Then we tried to find them here in Jakarta. He found the orchid in Kalimantan when he returned there. He bought a few plants and sent them to me by post.


After a few months of caring, the flower bloomed, and I was mesmerized by the beauty of The Black Orchids. Later we found out the name to be Coelogyne pandurata. That’s the start, then we started collecting orchids from just about anywhere we went.

We met all the important and knowledgeable persons in the Orchids world in Indonesia. We have met Mr Ayub Pranata, Mr Syahrizal Siregar, Mr Frankie Handoyo, Mr Andi Wijaya, Mr Rama, Mr Cuncun Wijaya, and many more.

Now I am sharing this passion with all of you out there who share the same passion. Please enjoy it.

Do write and I will appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment